Topic: Open Up Your Heart [Open Heavens for Teens 26 November 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130
Read: Daniel 2:19-23
- Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
- Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
- And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
- He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
- I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king’s matter.
Bible In One Year: Ezekiel 36-37; 1 Peter 3:1-22
When some people read the Bible, they read it with a sceptical mind. They see some things like turn the other cheek when someone slaps you and they say Ah, no o. This one is not possible if you live in Lagos. Instead of opening their heart to the word and taking it as the ultimate advice, they subject the principles of the scripture to their own ideologies. At the end of the day, the word will have no effect on them.
When you study the word, do you veil your heart like the Israelites when they read the law (2 Corinthians 3:12-16 )? Hebrews 10:22 says as you draw near to God, your heart should be blood-washed and free from anything that can prevent your spirit from receiving from God. Approach the word of God with humility, sincerity, faith and a readiness to obey, and you will surely see the effect of the word in your attitude and every aspect of your life. When the word of God mixes with faith in your heart, it will profit you (Hebrews 4:2).
Approach the word of God with humility, sincerity, faith and a readiness to obey.
Hymn: Take My Life And Let It Be
- Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
- Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful forThee.
- Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.