Open Heaven 27 November 2020 Friday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Let God Take The Lead
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Topic: Let God Take The Lead (Open Heaven 27 November 2020)
Memorise: 11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other. 12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom. – Genesis 13:11-12
Read: Genesis 14:8-16 (KJV)
8 And there went out the king of Sodom, and the king of Gomorrah, and the king of Admah, and the king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela (the same is Zoar;) and they joined battle with them in the vale of Siddim;
9 With Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, and with Tidal king of nations, and Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar; four kings with five.
10 And the vale of Siddim was full of slimepits; and the kings of Sodom and Gomorrah fled, and fell there; and they that remained fled to the mountain.
11 And they took all the goods of Sodom and Gomorrah, and all their victuals, and went their way.
12 And they took Lot, Abram’s brother’s son, who dwelt in Sodom, and his goods, and departed.
13 And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.
14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained servants, born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued them unto Dan.
15 And he divided himself against them, he and his servants, by night, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
16 And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.
Bible In One Year: Acts 18:19-19:41
Open Heaven 27 November 2020 Friday MESSAGE:
I may not have achieved as much success and impact as I have today if I had travelled to a developed country as I wanted to when I was younger. I had applied for a Commonwealth scholarship programme abroad for my masters. On the day of the interview in the University of Lagos (UNILAG), the members of the panel asked me questions so simple that I wondered if they knew I was an honours student of Mathematics. I was confident I had passed the interview, until a member of the panel who had been dozing all along woke and asked Where is Entebbe? I responded “Pardon me, I am here for a Mathematics interview, not Geography.” Unknown to me, he was the chairman of the committee. Everyone laughed in such a way that made me realise I would not be getting the scholarship.
Also See: Open Heaven 26 November 2020 – Choose Your King Wisely
When I got out of the interview hall, I ran into one of my lecturers from my alma mater who now worked in UNILAG. We exchanged pleasantries and I told him why I had come to UNILAG. He said to me No, you don’t need to go abroad; I know your stuff. I will supervise you here for your postgraduate studies. Thus I became a postgraduate student at UNILAG, eventually got an invitation to attend a service at The Redeemed Christian Church of God, encountered Christ, became born again and today, the Lord has made me the General Overseer of the Church.
Things may be tough now where God wants you to stay, but if you trust and obey Him, your tomorrow will be alright.
When Lot had the chance to choose where he would stay, he did not bother asking God, he just went straight for the seemingly better option. Little did he know he was going into a condemned city. At the end of the day, we see that Abraham who stayed put became far greater than Lot. In Genesis 14:14-16, when Lot was kidnapped because he did not have divine protection, Abraham and his men had to fight and defeat four armies to rescue him. In the midst of all the complaints and struggles in developing countries, some people are still getting huge breakthroughs and fulfilling their destinies. You don’t have to tell lies and keep running from the Police to become great in life; don’t compromise your eternity for a journey God did not send you on. Let God lead you.
Open Heaven 27 November 2020 Friday Prayer Point:
Father, don’t let me abandon Your plans for my life in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 27 November 2020 Friday Hymn 2: All To Jesus I Surrender
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
5. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 25: FRIDAY 27TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: DIVINE DIRECTION AND GUIDANCE
BIBLE TEXT(s): GENESIS 37:15 -18
The life of a man is not in himself. Jeremiah 10:23. For any man to reach the peak of his destiny there is need for the guidance of the Almighty.
- Father I thank you for your hand that is mighty upon our nation up to this day in Jesus Name.
- Father I thank you because we still have people working according to your commandments in this land, in Jesus Name. Psalm 119:1.
- We admit as a nation that we have sin by not following your guidance and direction, please have mercy upon us in the name of Jesus. 1 John. 1:9
- Father; Please guide and direct us again in our nation, we will serve you for the rest of our life in the name of Jesus. Psalm 46:1-3
- Father; guide and direct us on how to resist the powers of darkness that have been release into our nation in the name of Jesus. Matthew 18:18, James 4:7
- Father. Without you we can do nothing, please guide our nation to keep your testimony and work in your way in Jesus name. Psalm 119:2
- Father; help our nation Nigeria to keep your command and to work in keeping thy precepts diligently in the name of Jesus. Psalm 119:4
- Father; guide our nation to always trust you with all our heart in thy name of Jesus. Proverb 3:5
- Father; help our nation never to lean on our own understanding but always acknowledge you in the name of Jesus. Proverb 3:5.
- Father help our nation never to be wise in our own eyes but to fear you and depart from evil in the name of Jesus. Proverb 3:7
- Father, give us the right attitude to handle trials coming their ways not to lose the Crown of glory that follows in Jesus name.
- Father; the meek you will guide in judgement: and teach your way; give us a humble and a teachable heart in Jesus name. Psa25:9
- The brothers of Joseph took away his coat of many colours, but were not able to take away the garment of his glory; I pray that trials of life will not rip all our brethren their glory in Jesus name. Genesis 45:1-8
- As brothers of Joseph were not able to abort his dream, I pray that all our nation’s ambition and God given dreams shall not be aborted in Jesus name.
- Father, as Joseph was connected in the prison, guide and connect us with the helpers of our destiny in Jesus name.
- Father, give our divine helpers a reminder and a push that will propel them to deliver their mandate concerning us in Jesus name. Genesis 41:9-15
- I destroy the power of every dream killer operating against our good and godly dreams in Jesus name. 2 king 6:11-20
- Father; lead us in the path of righteousness for your name sake in Jesus name. Psa 23:2
- Father, we want to see and experience your glory in this nation as you reveal yourself to Moses in Jesus name. 1Ki_19:12
- Father, release afresh to us, the power to keep your word in our heart not to sin in Jesus name. Psa 119:11
- Father, guide our nation by the light of the word in all our ways in Jesus name. Psa 119: 105
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.