The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 25 November 2020 – Everyone According To His Blessing
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Everyone According To His Blessing
Read: Genesis 49:14-18 (NKJV)
- “Issachar is a strong donkey, Lying down between two burdens;
- He saw that rest [was] good, And that the land [was] pleasant; He bowed his shoulder to bear [a burden,] And became a band of slaves.
- “Dan shall judge his people As one of the tribes of Israel.
- Dan shall be a serpent by the way, A viper by the path, That bites the horse’s heels So that its rider shall fall backward.
- I have waited for your salvation, O LORD!
The patriarch, Jacob, in his old age saw the need to pour out his blessings on his children, to reproduce himself, to multiply the covenant his fathers – from Abraham to Isaac, to Jacob- to his twelve sons. Every godly father should copy this act of Jacob and never die with what he has alone. As Jacob opened his mouth, the Spirit of God took over to bring out the destinies of future Israel. This is a lesson for us to respect our parents. Again, as a father or mother, you must watch the behaviour of your children. Know that blessing them is blessing yourself and cursing them is also cursing yourself.
Jacob’s blessing on them is somehow based on the meaning of their names, their personal characters and personal achievements. You need to understand that you have a lot to contribute towards your destiny. Each of them received his own blessings according to the volume of things written concerning them. Nevertheless, do not envy another person’s blessings but discover yours and fight to fulfil them. You can re-write yours with prayers if you discover a negative trait as in the case of Jabez (1 Chronicles 4:9-10). God has blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1.3-4). The Spirit gave to everyone severally as He will (1 Corinthians 12:11) Know that you are blessed.
PRAYER: Lord help me to discover my God-given blessings and destiny and live to fulfil them in Christ.