Topic: Believe In Yourself [Open Heavens for Teens 22 November 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13
Read: Isaiah 43:1-4
- But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
- When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
- Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
Bible In One Year: Ezekiel 27-28; James 4:1-17
After creation, God evaluated all that He had created particularly you and He said perfect. God sees you as a beautiful being that He created, to show forth His glory. Another thing to note about God is that, He created you and bestowed on you all that you need to be who He wants you to be. So, until you begin to see yourself in the light of God’s word, you may not believe in yourself.
A big mistake most children of God make is judge who they are by the circumstances around them. Moses sent out spies to Canaan and ten of them came back saying they were like grasshoppers before the Canaanites and the Israelites broke down in tears. This made God angry. He then said only those who were twenty years below including the two who gave a good report would enter the Promised Land (Numbers 14:1-45). Whenever you are confronted with any issue or examination, and you look down on yourself, God is not happy. It makes Him feel you don’t know who you are. Believing in yourself is not pride; it is believing that you can achieve great things with God on your side. It means focusing on the God you carry inside. You have to start believing in yourself from today.
Doubting your abilities is low self-esteem; low self-esteem is not a fruit of the Spirit.
Hymn: Stand Up! Stand Up For Jesus
- Stand up! Stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner,
It must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
- Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
The solemn watchword hear;
If while ye sleep he suffers,
Away with shame and fear.
Where’re yeah meet with evil,
Within you or without,
Charge for the God of battles,
And put the foe to rout.
- Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
Where duty calls, or danger,
Be never wanting there.
- Stand up! Stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor’s song.
To him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.