The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 22 November 2020 – Joy At Last
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Joy At Last
Read: Hebrews 9:24- 29 (NKJV)
- For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, [which are] copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;
- not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another —
- He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.
- And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,
- so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
Man is empowered by Divine providence to make choices for himself. Therefore, man is a product of the decisions he makes. Nevertheless certain choices have led to great regrets and to the detriments of those who made them (Prov. 14:12; 16:25). However, there is a choice that when made only leads to a joyous end. It is the choice of accepting the once and for all sacrifice made for us by Christ Jesus (vs. 26-28). To everyone who has made the choice of following after Christ, whose faith is intact and who earnestly awaits His second coming, there awaits a Joy at last (v.28). The God who never lies and whose covenant can never be broken says He is coming back again for those who are earnestly awaiting Him. Don’t give up! Don’t give in! Don’t conform to this world! There is a JOY AT LAST. Remember: Physical death does not end conscious existence. There is an after this. (v.27)
Accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour now and be shortlisted for this joyous end. Believers must keep looking; never letting our guards down. Remember: It is only him that endures to the end that shall be saved (Matt. 24:13)
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, we receive grace to follow you till the end in Jesus name. Amen
PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22ND, 2020
JOY AT LAST
- Thank you Father, for the gift of life and sound health
- Thank you Lord for counting me and my household among the living this day, to you be all our praises.
- Merciful Lord, please forgive me all my sins and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus.
- Father, renew my power of choice making, and help me to take right decisions always in Jesus name
- Father, let my decisions and choices making made me and not mar me in Jesus name
- Father, I have made up my mind to follow Jesus Christ, let this decision of mine, lead to joyous end, in Jesus name
- Father, come rain, come sunshine, help my faith in Christ Jesus to remain intact in Jesus name
- Covenant keeping God, daily renew my strength and passion to earnestly wait for the second coming of my Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ, in Jesus name
- Devil listen and listen good, no matter what you brought my way, I will not give up nor give in to your threats and temptations, in Jesus name
- Father, give me grace to shun every happens around me, but set my eyes on the joy that await me in heaven, in Jesus name
- Whether devil like it or not, I will make heaven and receive my Eternal reward in Jesus name.
- This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Personal and family requests.
- Confession: God bless the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, and bless our country Nigeria. 1 Chronicles 17:27
- Thank you Lord for answered praye