The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 21 November 2020 – God Of Wonders
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: God Of Wonders
Read: Genesis 48:1-12 (NKJV)
- Now it came to pass after these things that Joseph was told, “Indeed your father [is] sick”; and he took with him his two sons, Manasseh and Ephraim.
- And Jacob was told, “Look, your son Joseph is coming to you”; and Israel strengthened himself and sat up on the bed.
- Then Jacob said to Joseph: “God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me,
- “and said to me, ‘Behold, I will make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will make of you a multitude of people, and give this land to your descendants after you [as] an everlasting possession.’
- “And now your two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh, who were born to you in the land of Egypt before I came to you in Egypt, [are] mine; as Reuben and Simeon, they shall be mine.
- “Your offspring whom you beget after them shall be yours; they will be called by the name of their brothers in their inheritance.
- “But as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died beside me in the land of Canaan on the way, when [there was] but a little distance to go to Ephrath; and I buried her there on the way to Ephrath (that is, Bethlehem).”
- Then Israel saw Joseph’s sons, and said, “Who [are] these?”
- And Joseph said to his father, “They [are] my sons, whom God has given me in this [place.”] And he said, “Please bring them to me, and I will bless them.”
- Now the eyes of Israel were dim with age, [so that] he could not see. Then Joseph brought them near him, and he kissed them and embraced them.
- And Israel said to Joseph, “I had not thought to see your face; but in fact, God has also shown me your offspring!”
- So Joseph brought them from beside his knees, and he bowed down with his face to the earth.
We see God’s Sovereignty, Supremacy and pre-determinate counsel turn things around, give hope to the hopeless and bring joy in the place of sorrows and a garment of praise in the place of mourning, as Jacob confessed: “I had not thought to see thy face: and lo, God hath shewed me also thy seed” (verse 11). Note that Jacob did not only see Joseph but also his sons too. They were not wretched and destitute but were clothed in the splendor of the palace! God still does mind-blowing, unbelievable and unimaginable things!
Beloved, regardless of what we may have lost or what conditions that may have made us conclude about life, marriage, career, business, family, childbirth, job, etc., God is still saying to us: we will not only see our Joseph, we will also see his sons! Assuredly, for your shame, God will give you double, exceeding your expectations. Like Jacob, we must hold on to the promises of God to us (verses 3-4). We must never surrender our convictions to our condition.(See Genesis28:15; Ephesians 3:20; Isaiah 61:7; Hebrews 13:5).
PRAYER: Father, I thank You for though the night tarries, my daylight shall surely break forth in Jesus name. Amen.