The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 16 November 2020 – “I Will See Joseph Before I Die!”
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: “I Will See Joseph Before I Die!”
Read: Genesis 45:16-28 (NKJV)
- Now the report of it was heard in Pharaoh’s house, saying, “Joseph’s brothers have come.” So it pleased Pharaoh and his servants well.
- And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Say to your brothers, ‘Do this: Load your animals and depart; go to the land of Canaan.
- ‘Bring your father and your households and come to me; I will give you the best of the land of Egypt, and you will eat the fat of the land.
- ‘Now you are commanded — do this: Take carts out of the land of Egypt for your little ones and your wives; bring your father and come.
- ‘Also do not be concerned about your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt [is] yours.’ “
- Then the sons of Israel did so; and Joseph gave them carts, according to the command of Pharaoh, and he gave them provisions for the journey.
- He gave to all of them, to each man, changes of garments; but to Benjamin he gave three hundred [pieces] of silver and five changes of garments.
- And he sent to his father these [things:] ten donkeys loaded with the good things of Egypt, and ten female donkeys loaded with grain, bread, and food for his father for the journey.
- So he sent his brothers away, and they departed; and he said to them, “See that you do not become troubled along the way.”
- Then they went up out of Egypt, and came to the land of Canaan to Jacob their father.
- And they told him, saying, “Joseph [is] still alive, and he [is] governor over all the land of Egypt.” And Jacob’s heart stood still, because he did not believe them.
- But when they told him all the words which Joseph had said to them, and when he saw the carts which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of Jacob their father revived.
- Then Israel said, “[It is] enough. Joseph my son [is] still alive. I will go and see him before I die.”
Jacob had long lost hope of ever seeing his beloved son, Joseph again. He had earlier convinced himself, “A wild beast has devoured him, Joseph is without doubt torn to pieces” (Genesis 37:33); and when his sons tried to console him, he refused to be consoled, saying, “I shall go down into the grave to my son, mourning” (Genesis 37:35). The God we serve however is a miraculous God. He indeed raises the poor from the ash heap and makes them sit with princes (Psalm 113:7). Unknown to Jacob, God has raised his son Joseph as a prince in the land of Egypt. He introduced his brothers to Pharaoh who immediately ordered that Jacob and the entire family come over to live in Egypt. He equally pledged. “Do not be concerned about your goods, for the best of all the land of Egypt is yours” (verse 20)
As part of preparing his father for the journey down to Egypt, Joseph sent some goods to his aged father, Jacob – “ten donkeys loaded with the good things of Egypt, and ten female donkeys loaded with grain, bread and food for the journey” (verse 23). His other sons came back to the land of Canaan with the goods, and broke the heart-melting news to their father: “Joseph is still alive, and he is governor over all the land of Egypt” (verse 26). For Jacob, the news was too good to be true. He doubted his children, but when he saw the goods Joseph sent, his spirit revived and out of joy, exclaimed, “It is enough, Joseph my son is still alive. I will go and see him before I die.” (verse 28) What a mighty God we serve! Have you lost hope? Today, God will restore your hope. You will see your “Joseph” before you die!
PRAYER: Dear heavenly Father, thank You for Your faithfulness. You did not fail Jacob; You will not fail me in Jesus’ name – Amen.
PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH, 2020
“I WILL SEE JOSEPH BEFORE I DIE”
- Thank you Father, for the gift of life and sound health
- Thank you Lord for counting me and my household among the living this day, to you be all our praises.
- Merciful Lord, please forgive me all my sins and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus.
- Father, Your word says my expectations You will not cut short, please fulfill now, all my long awaited expectations, in Jesus name
- Father, reawaken all my lost hope over any matter, with fresh revelation and fire, in Jesus name
- Miracle working God, please put an end to my mourning and sorrow in Jesus name
- Father, take me from where I am presently, to the higher ground that will so pass my expectations in Jesus name
- Father, we pray for as many parents whose children have long forgotten, let them be remember by their children wherever they are in Jesus name
- Father, we pray for parent and children who had lost connection with each other, please Lord, divinely connect them again, in Jesus name
- Father, let me see my Joseph before I die in Jesus name
- Whether devil like it or not, I will make heaven and receive my Eternal reward in Jesus name.
- This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Personal and family requests.
- Confession: God bless the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, and bless our country Nigeria. 1Chronicles 17:27
- Thank you Lord for answered prayers, in Jesus’ Mighty name we pray. Amen