Open Heaven 16 November 2020 Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Victory Through Praise
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Topic: Victory Through Praise (Open Heaven 16 November 2020)
Memorise: I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. – Psalm 34:1
Read: 2 Chronicles 20:17-22 (KJV)
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
Also See: Open Heaven 15 November 2020 – Mind What You Eat
19 And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
Bible In One Year: Acts 4-6
Open Heaven 16 November 2020 Monday MESSAGE:
Living a life of praise is not only the most enjoyable way to live, it’s also one of the most powerful ways to change your life. Praise isn’t what you do only after a miracle has happened; it is what actually makes the miracle happen.
“And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.” – 2 Chronicles 20:22
From the passage above, we see that it was when they began to sing and praise that the Lord moved. If you are waiting for God to do a miracle before you start praising Him, you have got it all wrong. It is when you praise Him that the miracle will happen. It is by faith that you get miracles; the evidence that you truly have faith in God is in your praising Him even before the miracle happens.
Can you praise God in the face of danger? Can you praise Him when all seems not to be well and you are feeling down? You see, that is exactly the best time to praise Him. It is when you praise Him in that situation that He will minister strength to you. Staying down and closing your mouth is exactly what the devil needs for him to keep you in that situation. He knows that the moment you start praising God, the game has changed in your favour. Since God inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3), your praise will bring Him into that situation and the devil will be defeated.
My beloved, it doesn’t matter how you feel at any point in time, don’t let the devil take the praise of God away from your lips. When the devil comes with his trouble, don’t face him; he is too small to get your attention. Face the living God and give Him the best praise. Go to a quiet place and shout the praise of God loud and clear so that the devil will tremble. What you will realize is that, just as God did for the people of Judah, He will move on your behalf when you begin to sing and praise Him. Halleluyah!
Open Heaven 16 November 2020 Monday Key Point:
Praise God always, even when you are feeling down.
Open Heaven 16 November 2020 Monday Hymn 14: Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise.
- Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great name we praise.
- Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
Nor wanting, nor wasting, Thou rulest in might;
Thy justice like mountains high soaring above
Thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.
- To all life Thou givest, to both great and small;
In all life Thou livest, the true life of all;
We blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
And wither and perish, but nought changeth Thee.
- Great Father of Glory, pure Father of Light
Thine angels adore Thee, all veiling their sight;
All laud we would render, O help us to see:
‘Tis only the splendor of light hideth Thee.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 14: MONDAY 16TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: STOP THE KIDNAPPING RITUAL AND DAILY KILLINGS
BIBLE TEXT(s): Ex 21:16, Eph 1:13-14, Eph4:30, Ps114:1-7
kidnapping is the act of abducting an individual or a group of persons for monetary gain or ritual purpose. as we pray, God will hear us and put an end to all forms of killings and kidnapping in our nation in Jesus name.
- Father thank you for keeping and protecting me and my family from being victims of kidnapping all these years.
- Thank you Father for delivering and protecting me from the hands of kidnappers.
- Let us thank God for the availability of the blood of Jesus that speaks mercy for us always.
- Let us confess our sins and ask God for mercy for we have advertised, legalized, celebrated and boasted in sin. 2Chro 7:13-14
- Let us ask God for mercy for all the sins of disobedience, oppression, lying, bloodshed and kidnapping in our nations. 1JN 1:9
- Father arise in Your power and release all Your children in the cage of kidnappers and ritualist in the name of Jesus. Isa 49:24-26
- Oh God scatter the plans and agenda of kidnappers, ritualist in this nation in Jesus name. Isa8:9-10
- Oh Lord, strive with the agent of killings and death that strive with our nation. Ps 35:1-6
- Father arise against those sponsoring the killings of innocent citizens in our nation. Ps68:1-2
- Father render all the weapons of the killers of innocent citizens of our country impotent in the mighty name of Jesus. Isa54:16-17
- Oh God save the youths of our country for thy mercy’s sake Ps6:4
- Father please trouble these kidnappers, terrorists, and ritualists in this nation until they surrender to You in the mighty name of Jesus. Ps55:19
- Father please lay ambush against all the kidnappers, terrorists, killers, and ritualist in this nation in the mighty name of Jesus. 2Chro20:22
- Father please let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end in this nation in the mighty name of Jesus. Psa7:9
- Oh God arise and deliver our nation from the hands of the destroyers of lives in the mighty name of Jesus. Psa107:20
- Father arise and put an end to wickedness in our nation. Ps68:1-2
- Oh Lord rebuke and scatter the activity of spear-man who delight in war 18. Every evil river through which death flows into our nation dry up in the mighty name of Jesus. 2Kgs2:21
- Oh God our Father, please make yourself known in this nation. Put an end to these killings in the mighty name of Jesus. Ezek35:5
- Father make the habitations and the hiding places of kidnappers, ritual killers, terrorist and their sponsors desolate in the mighty name of Jesus. Ezek35:1-6.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.