Open Heaven 11 November 2020 Wednesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Christian Discipleship IV
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Topic: Christian Discipleship IV (Open Heaven 11 November 2020)
Memorise: I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. – Acts 20:35
Read: 1 Corinthians 9:1-11 (KJV)
1 Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?
2 If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.
3 Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,
4 Have we not power to eat and to drink?
5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?
7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
Open Heaven 11 November 2020 Wednesday MESSAGE:
I have observed that when some people say they want a coach/or mentor, what they are actually seeking is a sponsor. Your coach and/or mentor is not under any obligation to finance you. If anything, you should be the one gifting him/her, taking his/her children out for a fun day, making yourself available to help in any way you can and so on.
Also See: Open Heaven 10 November 2020 – Christian Discipleship III
You need their wealth of experience. Your relationship with your coach and mentor should not be parasitic but symbiotic- as he/she gives to you, you should also give back to him/her. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:11:
“If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?”
It is your responsibility to make your coach and mentor proud. Many times, I have had to answer for the behaviour of my children-in-the-Lord, whether I was aware or not. It would be unfair to your coach and mentor if you misbehave, because it could bring about a bad public image for him/her.
Finally, even if you become richer, you must remain completely submissive to them. Jesus said the disciple cannot be greater than the master (Matthew 10:24). If that is the fellow that God has paired you with for discipleship, no matter what they do, you must remain submissive in line with the word of God, until their death.
David became more famous than Saul, but he never lost his respect for him, not even when Saul was trying to kill him. Samuel was the one whom God sent to tell Eli about how he would fall, but Samuel never felt that because he had been chosen to replace him, the old prophet was now to be ignored (1 Samuel 3:9-21).
Never dishonor your discipler. God would not have anyone disrespect His chosen vessels (Psalm 105:14-15) no matter how little and inconsequential you may consider the action. Learn from the mistake of Miriam and Aaron (Numbers 12:1-15).
Yes, Jesus wants us to perform greater works than He did, but that cannot make us greater than He. Never forget: a disciple may achieve greater feats than his master, but cannot be greater than he (Matthew 10:24).
Open Heaven 11 November 2020 Wednesday Reflection:
Do you have a parasitic or symbiotic relationship with your coach and/or mentor?
Bible in One Year: Matthew 27, Mark 15
Open Heaven 11 November 2020 Wednesday Hymn 17: Must I Go And Empty Handed
- “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?
“Must I go, and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Savior so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him,
Must I empty-handed go?
- Not at death I shrink or falter,
For my Savior saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.
- Oh, the years in sinning wasted,
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Savior,
To His will I’d gladly bow.
- Oh, ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 9: WEDNESDAY 11TH NOVEMBER 2020
TOPIC: PRAYER FOR LEADERS AND GOOD GOVERNANCE BIBLE TEXT: 1TIMOTHY 2:1-4
Leadership and good governance is pivotal to the advancement of any nation; therefore, prayers are to be offered unto God for our leaders in government so that they will deliver good governance.
- Father, we give thanks for our government and its leaders in Jesus name. 1 Tim. 2:1
- Father, thank you that you have been long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance in Jesus name. 2 Peter 3:9
- Father, as we begin to humble ourselves, praying, and turning from our wicked ways, we acknowledge that then you will hear us, O Lord, and forgive our sins and heal our land in Jesus name. 2 Chron. 7:14
- Father, guide our leaders in making wise and godly choices, guard over them, keep them out of danger in Jesus name. Prov. 2:11
- Father, deliver our leaders from the way of evil and from evil men who pose as sheep in wolves’ clothes in Jesus name. Prov. 2:12
- Father, make our leaders hearts and ears attentive to godly counsel that will lead to good governance for our nation in Jesus name. Psalm 1:1
- Father, let our leaders continue doing what is right in your sight in Jesus name. 2 Chron. 20:32
- Father, give us upright, just and fair men and women in our government, in Jesus name. Isa. 54:14
- Father, please sustain those who live right and blameless before you and keep them firm and strong for the sake of our nation in Jesus name. Prov. 2:21
- Father, please send your shaking to all areas harbouring corruption and ungodliness in our nation in Jesus name Heb. 12:27
- Father, arise and cut off the wicked, let the unfaithful be rooted out so that prosperity will be seen in our Nation in Jesus name. Prov. 2:22
- Father, please bring to light the hidden things done in darkness, and expose the secret dishonesty of the hearts of the people in the corridor of power in Jesus name. 1 Corinth. 4:5
- Father, cause our nation to remember, where we have fallen, repent, and return to righteous and godly works in Jesus name. Rev. 2:5
- Father, in our nation set our hearts and our souls to seek you first and your righteousness in Jesus name. 1 Chron. 22:19
- Father, open our eyes and turn us as a nation, from darkness to light in Jesus name. Acts 26:18
- Father, soften our hardened hearts through the deceitfulness of sin in Jesus name. Heb. 3:13
- Father, please send your Word once again to the people of our nation and rescue us from self-destructions in Jesus name. Psa. 107:20
- Father, please raise up a standard of godliness and righteousness in our nation in Jesus name. Isa. 49:22
- Father, please bring the rains of your Spirit to flood this land and awaken us once again in Jesus name. Zech. 10:1
- Father, please raise intercessors and watchmen with discerning spirit and understanding to pull down strongholds over our nation in Jesus name. 2 Corinth. 10:4
- Father, arise! Shine through us and fill our nation with your light and truth in Jesus name. Isa. 60:1-4
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.