Open Heaven 10 November 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Christian Discipleship III
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Topic: Christian Discipleship III (Open Heaven 10 November 2020)
Memorise: Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. – Hebrews 13:17
Read: Hebrews 13:17-18 (KJV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
Bible in One Year: John 14-17
Open Heaven 10 November 2020 Tuesday MESSAGE:
As Christian, you must be careful when making the choice of who to disciple you. Success in a discipline is not enough reason for anyone to qualify as your coach or mentor. The first thing you should consider is the spirituality of the fellow – how is his/her relationship with God? 2 Corinthians 6:14 says:
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”
Also see: Open Heaven 9 November 2020 – Christian Discipleship II
You must also be sure that the vision of the person’s life aligns with yours.
A close look at all the people God paired together for a discipleship relationship in the Bible will reveal that both had similar assignments – Samuel and Eli, Elisha and Elijah, Joshua and Moses, David and Solomon, Timothy and Paul among others. Allow God to lead you before approaching anyone to coach and mentor you.
After choosing a coach and mentor, always remember that no matter how great he/she is, the fellow is not God. Whatever he/she must be first sifted through the word of God before you adopt it. My Father-in-the-Lord always told us to ignore whatever he said that did not have a biblical backing.
You must be submissive to your coach and mentor, regardless of how much smaller he/she appears to be. My Father-in-the-Lord was not educated, whereas I had a PhD in Mathematics. When he said “jump” I jumped the highest I could, without analyzing his instruction with my PhD brain. As long as whatever he said was in line with the word of God, I did it without asking questions. You may even be more modern than your coach and mentor, still your obedience and admission must always be total in alignment with the word of God.
Lastly, ensure you pray for your disciples as well (Hebrews 13:18). He that watereth should be watered also (Proverbs 11:23).
Open Heaven 10 November 2020 Tuesday Key Point:
Let God choose your coach and mentor for you. Allow the word of God provide guidance in the relationship.
Open Heaven 10 November 2020 Tuesday Hymn 18: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
- While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 8: TUESDAY 10TH NOVEMBER, 2020
TOPIC: PRAYER FOR DGO, AGOS, ELDERS, SATGOS, ALL MINISTERS BIBLE TEXT(S): 2THESS 3:1, 1THESS 5:25.
We are encouraged to always pray for our leaders.
- Bless the lord o my soul and all that is within me. Bless his Holy name. Psa 103:1.
- Thank God for a new day and the salvation of your soul.
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Ask God to be merciful unto us and our leaders in any area that we have fallen short of his glory Proverb 28:13.
- Father, we thank you for your call upon the life of our leaders the DGO, AGOS, Elders, SATGOS, ALL Ministers in Jesus name.
- Father, please, let all your ministers finish well and strong in Jesus name.
- Father, continue to strengthen your ministers for the task ahead in Jesus name.
- Father, never let any of the words of your ministers fall to the ground in Jesus name 1Sam 3:19.
- Father, please do not allow separation between you and your ministers in Jesus name.
- Father, please, continue to strengthen and empower them for the task ahead and for greater works in Jesus name. John 14:12
- Thank God for the lives of all our leaders in RCCG in all nations.
- Let us thank God for the wisdom the Lord has granted our leaders in the running of the church worldwide.
- Father, let our church leaders always be examples of wisdom, victory and power of God. Grant them power to speak God’s word with boldness.
- Father, let your counsel of health and healing concerning our church leaders be established in their lives and family. John 11:4.
- Father, take away premature death, sickness, diseases, infirmity from all your ministers and church workers in Jesus name. Deut 7:15, Exo 23:25.
- Lord, let the thunder of God; strike all the evil priests at any evil altar ministering against your ministers in Jesus name. Exodus 9:23
- Any hand that want to retaliate or arrest me because of my prayers, dry up and wither in the name of Jesus, 1kings 13:4-5
- Father, let the lives of all your ministers be a living sacrifice. Rom 12:1
- Father, don’t let your fire ever go out upon the altars where our leaders, ministers in Jesus name. Leviticus 6:13.
- Father, let the lives of your ministers give you glory all the time and worthy of emulation to upcoming ministers and church workers in Jesus name Colossians 1:27
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.