Open Heaven 9 November 2020 Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Christian Discipleship II
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Topic: Christian Discipleship II (Open Heaven 9 November 2020)
Memorise: And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, – Mark 3:14
Read: Matthew 15:15-20 (KJV)
15 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable.
16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
Bible in One Year: Luke 22, John 13
Open Heaven 9 November 2020 Monday MESSAGE:
Availability is a key element in discipleship. A coach must always be there to answer questions and give advice. As a coach, you should always answer or return your coachee’s calls. Find time to be with them, even if it means taking them along with you on trips or to events. Just make sure you are always there for them.
Also See: Open Heaven 8 November 2020 – Christian Discipleship I
There are certain things to consider before agreeing to coach and mentor someone. First, only coach and mentor people whose company you can enjoy. As we saw in our memory verse today, the first reason Jesus chose disciples was for them to keep Him company, and of course, also to work with Him.
It also shows that Jesus had seen great potential in the disciples and knew that as they worked with Him, they would become better. Don’t coach and mentor someone in whom you have not seen any potential. This is because it is that potential that will drive you to make sacrifices for the fellow. Don’t just coach and mentor someone because he/she is a relative; choose who you coach and mentor carefully.
You should also know that your followers are not slaves. Others may exploit their followers but as a Christian, you must follow Jesus’ example. He washed the feet of His disciples and even told them clearly in John 15:15:
“Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”
Aside from that being the right thing to do, it will also model humility to them. However, Christian disciples must not take their disciplers’ humility for granted. Give honor to whom honor is due (Romans 13:7).
Christ’s discipleship model should be the standard for all Christians.
Open Heaven 9 November 2020 Monday Reflection:
Adopt Jesus Christ’s model of discipleship in grooming those the Lord has put in your care.
Open Heaven 9 November 2020 Monday Hymn 20: Nearer, My God To Thee
- Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
- Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There let the way appear, steps unto Heav’n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Then, with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Or, if on joyful wing cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I’ll fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
Our daily declaration during the period of fasting and prayer.
- Nigeria; you will arise and shine again, for thy light is come.
- All Prophesies of glory about Nigeria shall come to fulfilment in Jesus name.
- I will eat the good of the land of Nigeria in Jesus name.
- When the glory of Nigeria shall appear I and my family shall not disappear.
- I thank you father for your good plan for Nigeria and answer to our prayers.
DAY 7: MONDAY 9TH NOVEMBER, 2020
TOPIC: DADDY G.O & MUMMY G.O
BIBLE TEXT(s): 2Thess 3:1, 1Thess 5:25.
We are encouraged to always pray for our leaders.
- Thank God Almighty for preservation, goodness and mercy over Daddy G.O and Mummy G.O. Psa 92:1-2.
- Let us praise and thank God for His Merciful kindness that is great toward Daddy and Mummy G.O. Psa 117:2.
- Oh Lord, we thank you for your divine protection over Daddy and Mummy G.O. Isa 41:10
- Thank God for being the good shepherd over Daddy and Mummy G.O. Psalm 23:1
- Let us praise and thank God who alone doeth great wonders through Daddy and Mummy G.O. Psa 136:4.
- Father thank you for your Mercy and Grace over the life of Daddy, Mummy G.O. and the family.
- Thank you, Lord, for making all the members of Daddy and Mummy G.O. family for Sign and Wonders Isa 8:18.
- Thank you, Lord, for answering their prayers and may you continue to always answer their prayers in Jesus name kings 8:28, Psa 55:1-2.
- Thank you for chosen them, please continues to be their God in the name of Jesus Psa 33:12.
- Thank you for the support of the Holy Spirit to Daddy and Mummy G.O and their Family Acts 20:28.
- Thank you, God, for establishing your divine mercy over Daddy and Mummy G.O Isa 16:5.
- Father; please don’t allow your divine mercy and grace to depart from theirlife in Jesus name 2 Sam 7:15.
- Father; by your mercy, fulfill all your good promise and prophecies in the life of Daddy and Mummy G.O. Jer 29:10. Jer 33:14.
- Father every evil counsel over Daddy, Mummy G.O and family will not stand. Isa 7:5-7.
- Father builds a wall of fire round about Daddy, Mummy G.O. and the family Zech 2:5.
- Father in the name of Jesus, disappoint every device of the wicked against Daddy, Mummy G.O. and the family Jobs 5:12. Psa 7:10.
- Father please send your divine help to Daddy, Mummy G.O and the family Psalm 121:1-2, Isa 50:7.
- Father pleases in your mercy, preserve the going out and the coming in of Daddy and Mummy G.O Journey. Psalm 121:8.
- Father in the name of Jesus, increase your wisdom and strength in the life of Daddy, Mummy G.O and the family and bless them with abundant life Eph. 3:20, John 10:10
- Father please makes Daddy and Mummy G.O and family untouchable by the wicked one Psalm 105:15.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.