The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 8 November 2020 – The Joy Of Seeing Jesus Christ
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: The Joy Of Seeing Jesus Christ
Read: John 16:21-24 (NKJV)
- A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
- “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
- Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
Jesus said to the Disciples that “A little while and you will no longer see me, and again a little while, you will see me”. He was speaking of his suffering and death. It would be a time of trauma, sorrow, weeping and pain for the Disciples. The enemy and the world would be happy but victory shall come by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
There is the Resurrection joy which Jesus brings. When the Disciples saw the Risen Jesus came, the rest of the Disciples said to him with joy and excitement “we have seen the Lord”. (John 20:25a). When a sinner in repentance meets with Jesus Christ, the Risen Lord, and believes in Him, there is always the joy of salvation. The grief and pain of Jesus on the cross is like the travail of child birth. When we repent and give our lives to Christ, there is joy in heaven (Luke 15:7). The greatest joy is when we see Jesus Christ in His glory, when He shall come to take the saints. Will you see Jesus Christ the Risen and exalted Lord? Come to Jesus now and you shall have the joy of our salvation.
PRAYER: Risen Lord Jesus Christ, touch my life and help me to see You that I may have real joy that You alone can give.
PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH, 2020 – THE JOY OF SEEING JESUS CHRIST
- Thank you Father, for the gift of life and sound health
- Thank you Lord for counting me and my household among the living this day, to you be all our praises.
- Thank You, Father, for the salvation of my soul and for the precious blood of Your Son, Jesus, that was shed at calvary, for the remission of my sin.
- Thank You, Jesus, for laying down Your life for me, even, while I was yet a sinner.
- Merciful Lord, please forgive me all my sins and cleanse me with the blood of Jesus.
- Father, turn the joy of the enemy over many sinners to sorrow, by working out their salvation, as You did to Saul on his way to Damascus.
- Father, turn the joy of the enemy over my life to sorrow in Jesus name
- Father, I pray the grief and pain of Jesus on the Cross, will not be in vain over my life and my household, in Jesus name
- I pray that my life shall continually be source of Joy to my Maker and my Saviour in Jesus name
- Father, let me be among those who will experience the greatest Joy in heaven, when Jesus come to take the saints.
- Whether devil like it or not, I will make heaven and receive my Eternal reward in Jesus name.
- This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Personal and family requests.
- Confession: God bless the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, and bless our country Nigeria. 1 Chronicles 17:27
- Thank you Lord for answered prayers, in Jesus’ Mighty name we pray. Amen