The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 1 November 2020 – Are You Washed In The Blood Of The Lamb?
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Are You Washed In The Blood Of The Lamb?
Read: Revelation 7:9-17 (NKJV)
- After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,
- and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation [belongs] to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”
- All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,
- saying: “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, [Be] to our God forever and ever. Amen.”
- Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
- And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- “Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.
- “They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat;
- “for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
Today is All Saints’ Day, it is a day set aside to remind us of our call to be Saints- we have been called to separate ourselves from the world and be dedicated to God. Our sainthood starts from here, and ends in heaven; and our reading today highlighted some facts about saints: They came from all nations, and diverse backgrounds: Not only from one’s own tribe or denomination (v.9). They proclaim the message of salvation that only Jesus can save (v.10); they are constantly in white robes signifying purity of life (v.13); and they suffer for Jesus and remain faithful to the end (v14).
Most importantly, they are washed by the blood of the Lamb – Jesus Christ, (not by their merits), and they will perpetually remain in God’s service, both here and in all eternity, constantly protected by God’s presence (v.15). It must be noted however that their sufferings and pains will end one day and there will be joy at last in heaven (vs. 16-17). God’s people are Saints. Are you one of them? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? Are your robes clean daily or stained by sin? Be the Saint you are called to be.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, please wash me today by your blood and help me to remain a faithful Saint.