The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 31 October 2020 – Put Your Trust In God’s Steadfast Love
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Put Your Trust In God’s Steadfast Love
Read: Psalm 13 (NKJV)
- To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?
- How long shall I take counsel in my soul, [Having] sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
- Consider [and] hear me, O LORD my God; Enlighten my eyes, Lest I sleep the [sleep of] death;
- Lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed against him”; [Lest] those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
- But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
- I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.
In our reading today, David did not allow the pain in his soul, sorrow and agony in his heart and attacks from his foes and enemies to destroy his trust in God’s steadfast love. He made God his fortress, even when he was shaken as a person. Native doctors will fail and charms will disgrace! Sacrifices to demons will only give spiritual wounds! Do not put your trust in riches, in princes or kings – men and women of affluence will fail! Your good friends can also disappoint you in time of need; even a mother can forget her child! God will not leave or forsake His faithful servant.
When storms of life and hardship surround you, look up, your help will come from God. When you pass through the valley of the shadow of death, fear not, for out of the dungeon, God lifts up His own and makes him sit with princes and kings. Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his arm. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord (Jeremiah 17:5-8). Trust in God is a powerful anchor and those who trust in Him are like mount Zion that cannot moved.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please grant me grace to trust and obey You in Jesus name. Amen.