Topic: Proximity To Goal [Open Heavens for Teens 22 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: “Besides this, knowing the time, it is already the hour for you to wake up from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed”. Romans 13:11
Bible Reading: Romans 13:10-14 HCSB
- Love does no wrong to a neighbor. Love, therefore, is the fulfillment of the law.
- Besides this, knowing the time, it is already the hour for you to wake up from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.
- The night is nearly over, and the daylight is near, so let us discard the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
- Let us walk with decency, as in the daylight: not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity; not in quarreling and jealousy.
- But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires.
Bible Reading In One Year: Jeremiah 7-8; 2 Timothy 2:1-26
At the beginning of the year, you were asked to set some goals for yourself and now we have gotten to last quarter of the year. There is a salient question you must ask yourself, how close or far am I from my goals? Is there any chance you will fulfill the goal you set for yourself before the end of this year? It does not matter whether the goals are for career, academics or your spiritual life. You need to stand take stock of what you have been doing in the course of the year.
Have you also discovered God’s purpose for your life? If you have, I congratulate you. So, have you been taking steps in the right path towards achieving God’s purpose for your life? What did you plan to do for God this year? How many souls have you won to Christ? Sometimes ago, a sister who was almost 70 years old came to me and said she was no longer going to pay tithe, and I asked why? She then said, she will pay 20 per cent of her income henceforth to see whether she could recovery the years she has wasted in the past. Learn from this, years wasted now may not be recovered. This is the best time to pursue your goals and achieve them.
Maximize the time left. Leave no stone unturned.
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining everyday;
Still praying as I onward bound
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s table-land;
Where love, and joy, and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing, shall resound
Lord, lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord, lead me up the mountain side
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.