The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 20 October 2020 – The Lord Favours The Righteous With Favour
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: The Lord Favours The Righteous With Favour
Read: Psalms 5 (NKJV)
- To the Chief Musician. With flutes. A Psalm of David. Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my meditation.
- Give heed to the voice of my cry, My King and my God, For to You I will pray.
- My voice You shall hear in the morning, O LORD; In the morning I will direct [it] to You, And I will look up.
- For You [are] not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness, Nor shall evil dwell with You.
- The boastful shall not stand in Your sight; You hate all workers of iniquity.
- You shall destroy those who speak falsehood; The LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
- But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy; In fear of You I will worship toward Your holy temple.
- Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; Make Your way straight before my face.
- For [there is] no faithfulness in their mouth; Their inward part [is] destruction; Their throat [is] an open tomb; They flatter with their tongue.
- Pronounce them guilty, O God! Let them fall by their own counsels; Cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions, For they have rebelled against You.
- But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You.
- For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as [with] a shield.
This passage began as a complaint and request for God’s intervention. A clear evidence in this text is the knowledge of who God is as displayed by the Psalmist. Although he felt surrounded by the enemies and their malicious activities, yet his absolute trust in God’s ability to deliver, protect, and favour was never in doubt.
The world is filled with so many people who position themselves as the enemies of God’s people; they bear different names and appear in different forms. Once we are open to God to lead us in His righteousness (verse 8), take refuge in God, and continue to sing in joy (verse 11), we will begin to see them collapse like pack of cards. His protection will be seen over us and He will surround us with His favour.
Are you at the moment sandwiched in the manipulations of those that hate you for Christ’s sake? Do you feel like giving it back to them in their own way? Relax, the protection of God is over you and that’s why they have not succeeded. The favour of God which surrounds you will manifest in tangible blessing very soon. Keep trusting on!
PRAYER: Lord, may Your favour upon my life rise above the manipulations of my enemies to their amazement.