The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 12 October 2020 – The Blessedness Of Wisdom
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: The Blessedness Of Wisdom
Read: Ecclesiastes 9:9-18 (NKJV)
- Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that [is] your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.
- Whatever your hand finds to do, do [it] with your might; for [there is] no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going.
- I returned and saw under the sun that — The race [is] not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding, Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all.
- For man also does not know his time: Like fish taken in a cruel net, Like birds caught in a snare, So the sons of men [are] snared in an evil time, When it falls suddenly upon them.
- This wisdom I have also seen under the sun, and it [seemed] great to me:
- [There was] a little city with few men in it; and a great king came against it, besieged it, and built great snares around it.
- Now there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no one remembered that same poor man.
- Then I said: “Wisdom [is] better than strength. Nevertheless the poor man’s wisdom [is] despised, And his words are not heard.
- Words of the wise, [spoken] quietly, [should be] heard Rather than the shout of a ruler of fools.
- Wisdom [is] better than weapons of war; But one sinner destroys much good.”
Most of the problems we encounter are a result of the abuse or misapplication of knowledge, either on our side, or on the side of other people. God has given us almost everything we need for our pleasure and good success in the world.
However, He expects us to deploy the wisdom He has given us in order to navigate through, and make our stay in the world a meaningful one. Married men are to love their wives without reservation, hence making the home a peaceful haven.
We are to realise that God takes pleasure in all our good works done on earth. So, we must exercise absolute commitment to whatever God allows us to be involved with. We should go on and do our part, while trusting God to bless our efforts. We must realise that the seeming success we record from our efforts is just but a blessing and grace that comes from God. We should therefore not boast as if it is a result of our human wisdom, efforts, knowledge and strength. As we encounter unpleasant situations in our sojourn here, let us seek the wisdom of God on how to get out of them and keep moving on. Money is good, but handling issues with godly wisdom is much more profitable.
PRAYER: Lord, fill me with Your type of wisdom, and cause me to be profitable to my generation.