The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 11 October 2020 – This World Is Not Our Home
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: This World Is Not Our Home
Read: II Corinthians 5:1-15 (NKJV)
- It is actually reported [that there is] sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles — that a man has his father’s wife!
- And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.
- For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.
- In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
- deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
- Your glorying [is] not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?
- Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.
- Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened [bread] of sincerity and truth.
- I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.
- Yet [I] certainly [did] not [mean] with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.
- But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner — not even to eat with such a person.
- For what [have] I [to do] with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
- But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”
The body we wear is but a tent housing our being. This body will be put off someday. We are strangers, passing through the world, so, we are bound to have troubles as the Bible already told us. This only reminds us that we have a home outside here; which is heaven. Therefore God has deposited His Holy Spirit in us in preparation for this blessed hope. It is therefore an imposed responsibility on us by God, that all men will appear before Him someday in final judgment, to live as unto Him and at the same time persuade men and women around to be reconciled to Him.
Anything other than this exposes us to the danger of being found naked before Him.
Jesus died for all on the cross of Calvary, hence pleading with all men to come unto the already-prepared salvation. His love therefore mandates us to give up selves to Him, living for Him who paid the price on our behalf. Although we are at the risk of being misunderstood, we must declare this precious love of Christ to all men.
PRAYER: Lord, may I live my life to please You, winning men over to eternal life.