Topic: Live Right [Open Heavens for Teens 10 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Ecclesiastes 9:1-8 (NKJV)
- For I considered all this in my heart, so that I could declare it all: that the righteous and the wise and their works are in the hand of God. People know neither love nor hatred by anything they see before them.
- All things come alike to all: One event happens to the righteous and the wicked; To the good, the clean, and the unclean; To him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice. As is the good, so is the sinner; He who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.
- This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all. Truly the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil; madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
- But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
- For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward, For the memory of them is forgotten.
- Also their love, their hatred, and their envy have now perished; Nevermore will they have a share In anything done under the sun.
- Go, eat your bread with joy, And drink your wine with a merry heart; For God has already accepted your works.
- Let your garments always be white, And let your head lack no oil.
An adage says that there is more to what the eyes can see, which implies that we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). Galatians 5:16-17 admonishes us to walk in the Spirit and not to gratify the desires of the flesh. Walking daily in the Spirit helps us understand the mind of God that He chooses whom He will show mercy. His kindness could flow to both the wicked and the righteous. This He did by sending Jesus Christ to die both for the righteous and the unrighteous (1 Corinthians 2:11; Romans 9:15; Matthew 5:45; Romans 5:8). Despite the fact that there is so much injustice, hatred and bitterness in the world, we are advised to continue in the path modelled by Jesus Christ, Who never walked by sight but always sought to do the will of His father (John 6:38).
Now that we are still alive in the world, we have a great opportunity as there is no hope for the dead. We are advised in verses 7-8 to rejoice as people whom God has redeemed and accepted despite our inadequacies, and continue to live a righteous life in Christ Jesus, having our head greased with the oil of salvation.
PRAYER: Almighty God, thank You for the gift of life in Christ Jesus; help me to live right in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.