Topic: All For Good [Open Heavens for Teens 9 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: And we know that all things work to ether for good to them that love God, to t em who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Bible Reading: Romans 8:27-30
- And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
- And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
- Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 41-42; Colossians 1:1-29
Some years ago in Lagos, a tragic accident occurred. The brakes of a heavy goods vehicle failed as it descended a hill. It lost control and rammed into a series of shops by the roadside. Those inside and outside the shops lost their lives, at least 40 persons were reportedly dead on the spot. Some sustained injuries and were rushed to the hospital but did not recover. One of the survivors was an owner of one of the shops selling handset accessories. Before the accident, he sold an accessory to someone. The buyer later returned with a policeman to arrest him for selling a bad accessory to him. They left the shop and crossed to the other side of the road waiting to board a taxi to the police station when the accident occurred. They stood still as they watched it happen. Though the man did not enjoy being arrested, the incident was his saving grace.
When a seemingly negative event happens to a Child of God, it is for the good of that fellow. So long as you are in right standing with God, whatever difficulty you or your family is going through right now is for your good. Just continue to walk according to His purpose and He will bring you to a glorious future
Father, please let everything work together for my good this year in Jesus name.
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.