Topic: Living Fire [Open Heavens for Teens 6 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. Acts 5:11
Bible Reading: Acts 5:1-11
- But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,
- And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles’ feet.
- But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?
- Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
- And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
- And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.
- And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.
- And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.
- Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.
- Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.
- And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 34-36; Philippians 2:1-30
When God asks us to draw closer to Him, it is for our own good. When divine fire burns in your life, you will automatically become untouchable by the devil and his cohorts, you will also be a solution to the problems of people around you. So whether you will remain a Victim or a conqueror, the choice is yours.
The early church was a very fiery church. God was always in the house and secrets were brought to open. From our Bible reading today, a couple decided to sell a piece of land so that they could bring the money to church. Rather than tell the man of God the exact amount it was sold, they lied and they died instantly because the fire of God was fiery in the life of Peter. When you have this kind of fire, you won’t fall into wrong hands. You will not make wrong friends because God will expose bad people even before they get close to you. When you also carry this kind of fire, no evil force will be able to oppress you whether physically or spiritually.
Holy Spirit, please baptise me with fresh fire today.
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.