Topic: Personality Of Heaven [Open Heavens for Teens 30 September 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
Bible Reading: John 1:1-14
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- The same was in the beginning with God.
- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
- There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
- The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
- He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
- That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
- He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
- He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
- But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
- Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 19-21; Ephesians 2:1-22
Heaven is not only a place in a particular location, but also a person. According to our memory verse, Jesus came to the world and lived amongst humans. His presence brought light to the world. Everywhere He went while on earth, people thronged around Him hoping to get solutions to their problems. He was on a ship with his disciples one day, and a storm arose. He woke up from His sleep and only said, Peace be still and there was great calm. Everyone on the ship was preserved for His sake.
Do you know that every child of God is a citizen of heaven?. You have the same authority that Jesus used to calm the sea. Do you know that by your words, you can completely eradicate problems in your life and family?. If you decree a thing, and it is not established, then, you should check your lifestyle. Check your pursuits; it may be that you are no longer seeking after the kingdom of heaven and you are now worldly. You are a light in this world, and God expects you to shine. He expects you to bring heaven on earth as a citizen of heaven.
Father, please help me to always seek after heaven and its righteousness.
Hymn: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine.
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze | tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.