The Practice Of Love (3&4) By Pastor Paul Enenche
Click HERE for Previous MESSAGES by Pastor Paul Enenche
DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE (DIGC)
TESTIMONIES AND THANKSGIVING SERVICE – SUNDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 2020
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): 1 CORINTHIANS 13:1- 7
MESSAGE TOPIC: THE PRACTICE OF LOVE (3&4)
BY: DR. PAUL ENENCHE
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding the practical details of loving others
Love is the most powerful force on the face of the earth
WHY LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE ON THE EARTH:
- God is Love and Love is God (1John 4:8)
God is Love and Love is God and God is the most powerful on the face of the earth
- Love created the earth (Gen. 1:1)
- Love is stronger than death (Songs. 8:6; 1Sam. 30:11-12; John 8:3-11; 11:35-36; Acts 9:36-40; Acts 14:19-20)
- Love defeated hell, death and the grave at the Cross (Matt. 20:18-19; Mark 9:31-32)
WHAT ARE THE PRACTICAL DETAILS OF LOVE?
- Love is not easily provoked (1Cor. 13:5)
8a. Love is not irritable or touchy
8b. Love is not easily offended
8c. Love is not quarrelsome or quarrel-ready
8a. Love is not resentful or fretful
8b. Love is not easily annoyed or angered
8c. Love does not quickly lose temper (Eccl. 7:9)
If you find yourself easily provoked and irritated, ask God for His love to permeate your life.
- Love does not recount wrong deeds (1Cor. 13:5)
9a. Love does not compute, calculate or take into account the wrong deeds of loved ones
9b. Love does not maintain grudges, malice and bitterness.
Don’t let a new quarrel bring back yesterday’s matter; don’t go back to the ashes of yesterday to kindle today’s fire
9a. Love keeps no records of being wronged
9b. Love takes no account of the evil done to it
9c. Love does not keep the score of the sins of others
- Love does not rejoice in/at evil (1Cor. 13:6; 2Sam. 1:20)
10a. Love is never excited at the errors, failures, mistakes or sins of others (2Sam. 1:20)
Don’t celebrate calamity otherwise you will magnetize calamity
10b. Love is never excited at injustice or unfairness
10c. Love is never delighted or glad at evil, whatever be the reason.
10a. Love does not revel when others grovel
Love does not celebrate the frustration of others
10b. Love cannot stand oppression and suppression
10c. Love is never glad when God and good do not prevail in the lives of others
- Love rejoices in truth (1Cor. 13:6)
11a. Love rejoices when truth wins
11b. Love is eternally addicted to truth and forever allergic to lies
It doesn’t matter what your past is, when you come to Christ, He will forgive you completely and He will give you someone that can accommodate that past perfectly.
11c. Love is never a party to false allegations, betrayals and conspiracies
11a. Love takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
11b. Love operates in the realm of sincerity, honesty, accuracy and authenticity
In love there is no room for fakeness and untruth
11c. Love celebrates and is committed to the rightness of all things
- Love bears (1Cor. 13:7)
12a. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes
12b. Love can adapt and adjust to different circumstances
12a. Love has the power to undergo and withstand different phases and seasons of life
12b. Love is loyal and committed to valuable relationships
The Love of God has durability; it is not subject
- Love believes (1Cor. 13:7; Jer. 31:3)
13a. Love believes in others and expects the best out of them
13b. Love does not easily give up, especially on loved ones
13c. Love trusts; it gives people the benefit of the doubt
If your trust was betrayed, forgive and ask God to help you trust again
Trust and make yourself trustable
13a. Love is both faith-filled and faithful
13b. Love is limitless in hope and expectation
13c. Love is there for the long run (Jer. 31:3)
- If life must be lived optimally, the life of love is not optional
- Human behaviour, at times, makes the love walk difficult but persistence and consistency are keys to efficiency
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name!
Father, I come before You today to receive Your grace to live the love life and walk the love walk. Help me Lord to live, walk and function in Love; I receive that grace now, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I ask today for the release upon my life of the Spirit of Love to love like never before, I receive that impartation NOW, in Jesus’ Name. (2Tim. 1:7)
- That rope used to tie your life and destiny is set on fire!
- As you are dedicated in your cause for God, you will not lose your reward!
- Receive your freedom, liberty and release from the chains of darkness and the hold of the enemy!
- Every prison the enemy kept you – of sin and sickness, today that prison is broken open!
- A victory has just been won!
- Your battles have just been won
- Receive restoration like never before!