The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 September 2020 – The Day Of The Lord – The New Jerusalem (2)
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: The Day Of The Lord – The New Jerusalem (2)
Read: Zechariah 14:10-21 (NKJV)
- All the land shall be turned into a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be raised up and inhabited in her place from Benjamin’s Gate to the place of the First Gate and the Corner Gate, and [from] the Tower of Hananeel to the king’s winepresses.
- [The people] shall dwell in it; And no longer shall there be utter destruction, But Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
- And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.
- It shall come to pass in that day [That] a great panic from the LORD will be among them. Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, And raise his hand against his neighbor’s hand;
- Judah also will fight at Jerusalem. And the wealth of all the surrounding nations Shall be gathered together: Gold, silver, and apparel in great abundance.
- Such also shall be the plague On the horse [and] the mule, On the camel and the donkey, And on all the cattle that will be in those camps. So [shall] this plague [be.]
- And it shall come to pass [that] everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- And it shall be [that] whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
- If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they [shall have] no [rain;] they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
- In that day “HOLINESS TO THE LORD” shall be [engraved] on the bells of the horses. The pots in the LORD’s house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
- Yes, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah shall be holiness to the LORD of hosts. Everyone who sacrifices shall come and take them and cook in them. In that day there shall no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.
The New City, Jerusalem, as promised in today’s passage shall be free from war, attack and destruction (verse11) because it is founded by the Lord Jesus. In it, there won’t be any jot of sin or anything that works corruption; it will be a complete holy city of God (Revelation 21:1, 2).
Jerusalem has been from time immemorial, honoured, as the City of God and the focal point of the entire world’s worship. No wonder, people from all walks of life would always go to Jerusalem to perform their holy pilgrimage. Alas! No matter how decent, amusing and fascinating this earthly Jerusalem may seem, its beauty cannot be compared with the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God (Revelation 21:1, 2). It is a glorious home we all as Christians wish to inherit. Everyone except sinners is welcomed in this New Jerusalem. And all hope is not lost on such sinners inasmuch as they have repented from their sins while on earth. There’s no repentance beyond here, and unfortunately, tomorrow is promised to no man. Repent today so you can be part of this glorious New Jerusalem.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, count me worthy in Your Kingdom, the New Jerusalem.