6 Requirements For Accessing Vision! By David Oyedepo
Click HERE for Previous MESSAGES by Bishop David Oyedepo
Topic: Requirements for accessing vision!
Welcome to the concluding part of this teaching series! I hope you were blessed by last week’s teaching. Today, we shall focus on Requirements for Accessing Vision!
From scriptures, we discover that the vision of the book (The Bible) is sealed to any man no matter how learned until some conditions are fulfilled. God’s plan for every one of His children is in the Word. As it is written: And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned(Isaiah 29:11-12). Every genuine vision leads to enthronement. Therefore, we have the responsibility of ascertaining the genuineness of our vision before launching out in its pursuit.
What, then, are the Requirements for Accessing Vision?
1. Be Born Again: In the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemus, the Bible records that: Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born? …(John 3:3-8). It is common knowledge that only like creatures hears one another. For instance, only a sheep can hear the bleating of another sheep. To a human being, a sheep is just bleating but to the sheep, they are communicating. Again, a barking dog is not just barking but speaking with another dog in their language. In the same vein, because God is a Spirit, it would take a spirit-being of like-nature to hear what He is saying (John 4:24). This means that when we become born again, we become spirit-beings with the innate capacity to hear what the Spirit of God is saying. Therefore, until we are born-again, we cannot hear or see what the Holy Spirit is saying or showing to us (John 16:13).
Also Read: Let God Be First! [Part 2] by Pastor Faith Oyedepo
2. We Must Be Spiritual: It is one thing to be born again and yet another to be a spiritual person. ‘Being spiritual’ here connotes walking in the fear of God. It is written: What man is he that feareth the Lord? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose (Psalm 25:12). This means, we cannot live carnal lives and access divine plan. For it is written: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned (1 Corinthians 2:14). A natural man, no matter his level of education or knowledge cannot access vision. He must be spiritual in order to access it. Therefore, we must tune in spiritually to hear what the Spirit of God is saying and showing because He can speak to us at any time.
3. Possess a Quiet Spirit: God requires a quiet spirit from us in order to reach us. The Bible says: But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price (1 Peter 3:4). Many of us are overburdened with issues. We are so anxious about matters which make our spirit-man crowded and noisy. Thus, we miss out on the still small voice of God; designed to open up the next phase of our destinies. God said: Be still and know that I am God… (Psalm 46:10).
4. Possess a Grateful Heart: Every time we give God thanks for the present, we commit Him to secure our future. As it is written: Because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up (Psalm 28:5; see also Malachi 2:2-3). From these scriptures, we understand that whenever we recognise God’s intervention in our situation and give Him thanks, He builds us up and takes us to the next phase of our destinies. Sometimes, we attach the positive happenings in our lives to our efforts rather than to God, thereby blocking access to the next chapter of our lives. This explains why some are stagnated in life.
5. Engage the Force of Prayer and Fasting: God still visits His people on the altar of prayer and fasting. For it is written: Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke? (Isaiah 58:6-12).
6. Through Word Encounters: Here, ‘Word encounter’ connotes God’s written Word (The Bible) that is turned to the spoken Word as we engage in a study in order to address any situation in our lives. The Bible says: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not (John 1:1-5). This simply means that God dwells in His Word.
However, being born again is the only way to unveil the requirements for accessing vision. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus, for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: In pursuit of Vision, Following The Path Of The Eagle, The Breakthrough Power of Vision and Understanding Divine Direction. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have five services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1:20 p.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin