Topic: The Better Option [Open Heavens for Teens 2 September 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: l have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts -20:35
Bible Reading: Acts 20:32-35
- And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.
- l have coveted no man’s silver, or gold, or apparel.
- Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.
- I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Bible Reading In One Year: Proverbs 12; 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
It is a good thing to be blessed, it is however a better option to be a blessing. Paul knew this secret, that’s why in spite of the fact that he was very busy in doing God’s work; spreading the gospel across national boundaries, he still had to work so that he could fend for himself and also be a blessing to the weak and poor.
When God blesses you, He does so not just for yourself but so that you can share what you have with others. You are from a rich home not to oppress the poor or bully them. God blessed your family so that you can give to the poor, so that you can share your provisions or foodstuffs with them. The beautiful clothes you have should not decorate your wardrobe until you’re tired of seeing them, they should be given to the poor. How beautiful will it be if you can visit the motherless babies homes on your birthday to share things with them rather than make merry with your rich friends?.
Today, give something good to someone whom you know doesn’t have as much as you do.
Hymn: Is Your Life A Channel Of Blessing?
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God
flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for
those that are lost?
Have you urged upon
those who are straying,
The Saviour who died on the cross?
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from all sins;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.