The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 2 September 2020 – You Are Never Forgotten
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: You Are Never Forgotten
Read: Zechariah 10:1-12 (NKJV)
- Ask the LORD for rain In the time of the latter rain. The LORD will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, Grass in the field for everyone.
- For the idols speak delusion; The diviners envision lies, And tell false dreams; They comfort in vain. Therefore [the people] wend their way like sheep; They are in trouble because [there is] no shepherd.
- ” My anger is kindled against the shepherds, And I will punish the goatherds. For the LORD of hosts will visit His flock, The house of Judah, And will make them as His royal horse in the battle.
- From him comes the cornerstone, From him the tent peg, From him the battle bow, From him every ruler together.
- They shall be like mighty men, Who tread down [their enemies] In the mire of the streets in the battle. They shall fight because the LORD is with them, And the riders on horses shall be put to shame.
- “I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back, Because I have mercy on them. They shall be as though I had not cast them aside; For I [am] the LORD their God, And I will hear them.
- [Those of] Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, And their heart shall rejoice as if with wine. Yes, their children shall see [it] and be glad; Their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.
- I will whistle for them and gather them, For I will redeem them; And they shall increase as they once increased.
- “I will sow them among the peoples, And they shall remember Me in far countries; They shall live, together with their children, And they shall return.
- I will also bring them back from the land of Egypt, And gather them from Assyria. I will bring them into the land of Gilead and Lebanon, Until no [more room] is found for them.
- He shall pass through the sea with affliction, And strike the waves of the sea: All the depths of the River shall dry up. Then the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, And the scepter of Egypt shall depart.
- “So I will strengthen them in the LORD, And they shall walk up and down in His name,” Says the LORD.
Today’s text reveals diverse ways of restoration and time of refreshment (verse 1), divine visitation (verse 3), divine empowerment, divine increase and establishment (verses 7-10). What a wonderful God! Even when God is angry with us because of our misdeeds, His anger is but for a moment; His favour is for life (Psalm 30:5a). He loves us passionately and unconditionally. He does not have the mind of permanently refraining Himself from us. “Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you”(Isaiah 49:15). God drove Adam and Eve out of the garden of Eden, but in great love, He is bringing generations of men back to a more glorious garden of delight through His only Son Jesus Christ (John 14:1-3).
Dear reader, acknowledge this saving grace today, come back to God because He already has a plan that is beyond human reasoning for you. The story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-32 teaches us how loving a father can be. While many, including the prodigal son, thought that all roads to a great re-union with the father had closed, they were disappointed with the type of encomium and celebration the father threw at him. Why will you die in regret and despair? God’s love is compelling you today. Do not write yourself off when He has not forgotten you.
PRAYER: Father of love, I thank You for having me in mind, please, restore me to joy unending.