Topic: A Time To Run [Open Heavens for Teens 29 August 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18
Bible Reading: Genesis 39:7-12
- And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
- But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he path committed all that he hath to my and;
- There is none reater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thin from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
- And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.
- And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.
- And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.
Bible Reading In One Year: Psalms 139-141; 1 Corinthians 10:1-33
Some Christians are of the opinion that a child of God should never run away from anything. Off course, you shouldn’t run away from the devil and his cohorts because they are under your feet. However, according to Ecclesiastes 3:1, there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. This clearly makes us to understand that there is a time to run. 2 Timothy 2:22 says, Flee also youthful lusts. To flee is to violently rush away as when faced with danger. Youthful lusts can kill faster than you can imagine. God expects you to run from them.
In our Bible reading for today, Joseph sets an example for believers to follow. He was in charge of his masters household. He had access to everything his master owned except his masters wife. Rather than let things be, the master’s wife decided to put herself under Joseph by having sex with him. Joseph did the right thing by fleeing. My child, you need to flee when sin comes knocking at your door. Flee from the gathering of backbiters and gossips, flee from the company of bullies, and flee from disobedient children.
Flee also youthful lusts. Flee!
Hymn: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.