Topic: Climbing Up [Open Heavens for Teens 21 August 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men. Proverbs 22:29
BIBLE READING: 1 Samuel 17:33-37
- And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.
- And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father’s sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:
- And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.
- Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
- David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.
Bible Reading In One Year: Psalms 119:1-176, 1 Corinthians 3:1-23
It is the desire of most students if not all that they should be the best in the school.But unfortunately, its not always so. Only the diligent ones eventually become the outstanding ones. You can’t climb to the top if you are not diligent in your studies or whatever you do.
In today’s Bible reading, David was not trained by the army, but he had been diligent in keeping his father’s sheep, he had killed a lion and a bear with his bare hands, this diligence brought him before King Saul. If he had not been diligent with his duties, he wouldn’t have had that opportunity.
My child, God does not bless lazy people. He can never be a failure, and therefore, He expects all His children to be successful. If you want to be outstanding, then you need to put in more effort. If you want to be the best in your class, you need to pay a price. You can start by finding out what the best student is doing right now and surpass it.
Study the life of Daniel and note the things that made him outstanding.
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.