Topic: Secret Faults [Open Heavens for Teens 18 August 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Psalms 19:12
Bible Reading: Numbers 20:7-11
- And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
- Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.
- And Moses took the rod from before the LORD, as he commanded him.
- And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
- And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
Bible Reading In One Year: Psalms 109-111; Romans 16:1-27
You must have heard the story of Judas Iscariot.
He was a trusted friend of Jesus Christ and one of His disciples, in fact, the treasurer of the disciples. But he had one fault; he loved money. It was his love for money that led him to betray Jesus for 30 shekels of silver that he never spent.
You must have also heard of Moses; the man that led the Israelites out of Egypt where they had been in bondage for over 400 years. He was a great man of God, in fact, God referred to Moses as the meekest man on earth. But he had a weakness anger. The children of Israel complained of water while they were in the wilderness and God told Moses to stand before a rock and speak to it so that it could bring forth water for them, but rather than speak, his anger led him to strike the rock thrice. For that offence, God denied him the privilege of entering the Promised Land.
Child, what is that weakness that you are hiding?, Is it pornography, stealing, malice or masturbation? Deal with it today before it destroys you completely.
Sin thrives in secrecy. Confess all your secret faults to God today and ask for the power to overcome. Also, seek help from a Christian counsellor.
Hymn: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.