Topic: Internet And You [Open Heavens for Teens 16 August 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 1 Corinthians 9:24
BIBLE READING: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:24-27
- Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
- And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
- I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
- But l keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Bible Reading In One Year: Psalms 105-106; Romans 15
While growing up, I was told a fable about the tortoise and the dog. It is believed that the tortoise is a very slow and cunning animal. So one day, the tortoise approached the dog and challenged him to a race. He boldly told the dog that he would win the race, but the dog laughed him to scorn yet agreed to the race. On the day of the competition, tortoise went to the track and set bones all along the road without the knowledge of anybody. When the race started, the tortoise kept going but the dog would stop occasionally whenever he sees a bone. Eventually, the tortoise won the race.
Beloved, just as the bones were set on the track to distract the dog from focusing on the race, so are many distractions on your path to greatness in every aspect of life. For some, it is television; you know all the series on Telemundo and Zee world. You would even miss Church programmes just to keep up. For some others, it is friends. Rather than do productive things together, you spend time gisting about the latest fashion, music and trends. You need to identify the kind of distraction eating deep into your time and deal with it so that you can achieve God’s plan for your life.
Identify your distractions and be disciplined enough to shun them.
Hymn: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
- I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.