The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 13 August 2020 – Knowing The Will Of God
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Knowing The Will Of God
Read: Acts 22:6-16 (NKJV)
- “Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me.
- “And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’
- “So I answered, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said to me, ‘I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.’
- “And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid, but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me.
- “So I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.’
- “And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.
- “Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt [there,]
- “came to me; and he stood and said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him.
- “Then he said, ‘The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, and see the Just One, and hear the voice of His mouth.
- ‘For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.
- ‘And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’
To know the will of God for your life is very important. God has a divine plan for your life; you are not a product of accident. Apostle Paul, from our passage, narrated how he had been zealous for the work of God to the point of persecuting the young Church and committing her members to prison until he was arrested by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself on his way to Damascus (Acts 22:5-10). Ananias re-interpreted the Damascus Road experience to Paul this way – “the God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will…” (verse 14). All this while, Paul, a Pharisee and teacher of the law, did not know the will of God. The utmost will of God for mankind is salvation through His Son Jesus Christ (I Timothy 2:3-5; John 3:16)
The implication of Ananias’ statement is that the number of years as a Church member or priest does not guarantee salvation. Like Paul, you need an encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said: “Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born-again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3). Are you born-again? If not, it is high time you repented and confessed your sins to Jesus and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour. This is so that all your labours will not be in vain. God has a blueprint for your life (Jeremiah 29:11) and to know this, seek His face in prayer, read His word and ask the Holy Spirit to direct you. It is an awesome experience to know His will.
PRAYER: Lord God, reveal to me, Your will for my life in Jesus name. Amen.