The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 August 2020 – Let Your Life Bring Glory To God
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Let Your Life Bring Glory To God
Read: Acts 21:17-26 (NKJV)
- And when we had come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly.
- On the following [day] Paul went in with us to James, and all the elders were present.
- When he had greeted them, he told in detail those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.
- And when they heard [it,] they glorified the Lord. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many myriads of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law;
- “but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise [their] children nor to walk according to the customs.
- “What then? The assembly must certainly meet, for they will hear that you have come.
- “Therefore do what we tell you: We have four men who have taken a vow.
- “Take them and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave [their] heads, and that all may know that those things of which they were informed concerning you are nothing, but [that] you yourself also walk orderly and keep the law.
- “But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written [and] decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from [things] offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.”
- Then Paul took the men, and the next day, having been purified with them, entered the temple to announce the expiration of the days of purification, at which time an offering should be made for each one of them.
Genesis 1:31 states that “…God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.” You are created to radiate God’s glory: Your words, actions, and entire life are designed to give glory to God.
Anything short of this is a deviation, and it negates the purpose of creation. From our text, Apostle Paul returned to Jerusalem from his second missionary journey, appeared before the Church elders to give account of those things which God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry (verse 19) and to refute the wrong allegations levelled against him by his detractors.
When the elders heard the report “…they glorified the Lord” (verse 20) despite malicious reports they received earlier about Paul.
Beloved, you are created in Christ Jesus to show forth His good works. Paul’s preaching ministry brought glory to God among the Gentiles and joy to the Church elders. Is your way of life bringing praise and glory to God in your family, office and neighborhood? Do something that will put smiles on someone’s face today. Through Paul, many lives were won for Christ and thus delivered from eternal destruction in hell fire. How often do you preach the gospel? Like Philip the Evangelist, do not hide the grace of God, tell someone about the love of Christ today and so bring joy to aching hearts (Acts 8:5-8).
PRAYER: Lord, let my life bring glory to You, use me today to tell someone of Your love; in Jesus name I pray. Amen.