The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 5 August 2020 – What Is Your Message?
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: What Is Your Message?
READ: Acts 20:17-27 (NKJV)
- From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church.
- And when they had come to him, he said to them: “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you,
- “serving the Lord with all humility, with many tears and trials which happened to me by the plotting of the Jews;
- “how I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house,
- “testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.
- “And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there,
- “except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.
- “But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
- “And indeed, now I know that you all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, will see my face no more.
- “Therefore I testify to you this day that I [am] innocent of the blood of all [men.]
- “For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.
Paul reminded the elders of the Church his way of life when he was among them – he served among them with humility and tears. This message of salvation was so important that he never missed an opportunity to share it. He preached his message in different ways to fit different audiences but the message remained the same: it was turning away from sin and turning to Christ by faith! This was the testimony of Paul to the elders – his message of salvation that he taught them from house to house (verses 19-21).
There is general misconception that preaching of the Gospel is limited to pastors and other ordained ministers. You must note that as a Christian, you are also commissioned to preach the Gospel. God expects you to preach the message that will be helpful to the hearer. The most important goal of your message is to tell others about Christ. God needs you and other people to speak the truth about Jesus Christ today.
PRAYER: Lord, help me not to deviate from the message of the Great Commission, Amen!